Mar 13, 2012 Blogs
I was cleaning out my bookshelf the other day, and noticed I have a few hard copies of books for which I also own the digital version. I usually read books on my iPad, so it really is a shame that all these nice and shiny books remain unused.
I figured, why not just give them to you?
- ‘Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0‘ by Mike Laverick
- ‘Automating vSphere with VMware vCenter Orchestrator‘ by Cody Bunch
- ‘vSphere 5 Clustering Technical Deepdive‘ by Duncan Epping and Frank Denneman
- ‘VMware vSphere Design‘ by Forbes Guthrie, Scott Lowe and Maish Saidel-Keesing
- USENIX Short Topics in System Administration Series #24, ‘Cloud Computing with VMware vCloud Director‘ by John Y. Arrasjid, Ben Lin, Raman Veeramraju, Steve Kaplan, Duncan Epping, and Michael Haines
The giveaway is really simple. Just subscribe to my RSS-feed (use this button: ) and leave a comment below. Make sure the comment contains the name of the book you’d like to win and your name. That’s it. Nothing else. You could buy my a ‘new iPad’ or the new Apple TV, obviously, but that won’t increase your chances of winning.
Everyone can enter the giveaway (starting now!), just make sure you enter a valid e-mail address in the comments field. I will of course never sell, give away or do anything else with your contact details other than publish the names of those who won and contact you to get the details needed to ship the books. I solemnly promise to shift-delete your records after you’ve received your prize. Scouts’ Honor.
The contest will close March 20th, 20:00 CET (GMT+1). I will contact the winners at that time; Winners must respond by March 22th, 20:00 CET (GMT+1) or the prize is forfeited.
The winners will be chosen at random using the random.org ‘True Random Number Service‘. The numbers entered are the internal comment identifiers automatically assigned to your comment by the WordPress framework.
Mar 12, 2012 Blogs
The rest of the week I’ll be attending the ‘VS-5.0-ACMT‘ training at XTG in Gouda, The Netherlands. XTG has gratuitously offered me a spot on the training! I’m looking forward to four days with Gabrie and Marcel van Os :-)
The training course is actually an XTG in-house developed four-day hands-on deep dive into VMware vSphere 4 and 5, focussing on configuration, management and troubleshooting. It’s aimed at VMware VCP-certified professionals looking for more in-depth knowledge on vSphere. The training covers a lot of command line tools for logging, network and storage configuration and vCenter Server management for monitoring and troubleshooting purposes.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Logging and monitoring
- Module 3: Networking
- Module 4: Storage
- Module 5: VMs
- Module 6: vCenter Server and the VCSA
- Module 7: HA & DRS
- Module 8: Deployment (optional)
I will review the training on my blog during or shortly after the weekend when the experience is still fresh in my memory.